With the Caliper’s Advisor Competency Report for Sales Manager, you will gain a clear, accurate picture of an individual’s strengths, limitations and overall potential.
This product features:
- A comprehensive report that supports selection and development
- A detailed analysis of the individual’s strengths and opportunities for development
- Descriptions of potential competencies and representative behaviours in practical, intuitive terms
- A phone consultation to help you understand the report and its implications
- Behavioural-based interview questions tailored to assessment results in recruitment reports
- Managing for Success suggestions, which include coaching recommendations and tips for working with the individual
- A Function-Fit index and/or Caliper Consultant’s recommendation can be included.
Sales Managers motivate, supervise, and develop sales teams. They assign territories to salespeople, set revenue targets, and communicate with other managers in departments such as sales, production, and customer service.
Examples of Sales Manager Positions are:
Sales Manager, Director of Sales, Regional Vice President.
COMPETENCY AREAS MEASURED BY THIS REPORT:
Coaching and Developing – Sales Managers provide quality time and planned commitment to direct reports and provide processes and opportunities for them to understand their strengths and limitations in relation to a range of high-quality and relevant competencies.
Deliberative Decision Making – They tend to gather, consider, and evaluate all relevant information to make logical conclusions before being moved to action.
Driving Results – They motivate individuals to achieve and exceed goals by establishing accountabilities, clarifying performance expectations, agreeing to high standards and measures, monitoring and reviewing performance, and providing timely and relevant feedback.
Business Acumen – They make sound business decisions based on a strong understanding of the company’s business model, strategic goals, and relevant policies, as well as best practices and current technologies in their own discipline or functional area.
Composure and Resiliency – Sales Managers are able to deal effectively with pressure, maintain focus and intensity, and remain optimistic and persistent, even under adversity. They have the ability and propensity to recover quickly from setbacks, rejections, and conflicts and to maintain self-control in the face of hostility or provocation.
Negotiating – They identify key bargaining points for all parties and work effectively toward win-win solutions.
Relationship Building – They develop effective long-term professional interactions with others based on trust: trust that they will always work toward the best interest of those involved and that they are sufficiently competent to provide positive results.