With the Caliper’s Advisor Competency Report for Administrative Support Specialist, you will gain a clear, accurate picture of an individual’s strengths, limitations and overall potential.
This product features:
- A comprehensive report that supports selection and development
- A detailed analysis of the individual’s strengths and opportunities for development
- Descriptions of potential competencies and representative behaviours in practical, intuitive terms
- A phone consultation to help you understand the report and its implications
- Behavioural-based interview questions tailored to assessment results in recruitment reports
- Managing for Success suggestions, which include coaching recommendations and tips for working with the individual
- A Function-Fit index and/or Caliper Consultant’s recommendation can be included.
Administrative Support Specialists perform a variety of tasks and are responsible for supporting other staff members, typically managers, or for ensuring smooth workflow. They coordinate work with others, schedule appointments, respond to inquiries, prepare documents, and complete assigned tasks accurately, often under time pressure.
Examples of Administrative Support Specialist Positions are:
Administrative Assistant, Office Manager, Administrative Secretary, Executive Assistant, Department Assistant, Office Assistant, Administrative Support, Workflow Coordinator Planning.
COMPETENCY AREAS MEASURED BY THIS REPORT:
Planning and Priority Setting – They identify priorities and develop detailed action plans that include objectives, accountabilities, time frames, standards, review stages, and contingencies.
Quality Focus – They are able to manage the efficiency, accuracy, completeness, and integrity of the work that they produce. They also recommend improvements in procedures to continually improve the quality of work produced.
Time Management – Administrative Support Specialists are able to manage multiple responsibilities by being organized and keeping on top of important time-sensitive tasks.
Adaptability – They are able to shift course when external influences affect an initial plan and they are able to alter standard procedures when necessary and juggle multiple demands as required.
Composure and Resiliency – They are able to deal effectively with pressure, recover quickly from setbacks, and remain optimistic and persistent even under adversity. They are also able to maintain self-confidence and avoid overly emotional responses in tense or difficult situations.