With the Caliper’s Advisor Competency Report for Sales, you will gain a clear, accurate picture of an individual’s strengths, limitations and overall potential.
This product features:
- A comprehensive report that supports selection and development
- A detailed analysis of the individual’s strengths and opportunities for development
- Descriptions of potential competencies and representative behaviours in practical, intuitive terms
- A phone consultation to help you understand the report and its implications
- Behavioural-based interview questions tailored to assessment results in recruitment reports
- Managing for Success suggestions, which include coaching recommendations and tips for working with the individual
- A Function-Fit index and/or Caliper Consultant’s recommendation can be included.
This is a general-purpose model for roles in a Sales context. It could be used to assess roles where the incumbent needs to convince customers or prospects to buy into proposals, build meaningful give-and-take relationships, and understand the customers’ needs and how they fit with the products and services they are selling.
COMPETENCY AREAS MEASURED BY THIS REPORT:
Influence and Persuasion – Salespeople are effective in persuading, convincing, influencing, or impressing others in order to get them to support a specific agenda, make a specific type of impression, or take a specific course of action.
Composure and Resiliency – They are able to deal effectively with pressure, maintain focus and intensity, and remain optimistic and persistent, even under adversity. They have the ability and propensity to recover quickly from setbacks, rejections, and conflicts and to maintain self-control in the face of hostility or provocation.
Relationship Building – Salespeople develop effective long-term professional interactions with others based on trust: trust that they will always work toward the best interest of those involved and that they are sufficiently competent to provide positive results.
Active Listening – They enhance mutual understanding in communicating with others by expressing genuine interest in, and providing full attention to, the content and meaning of others’ messages.
Information Seeking – Salespeople are driven by an underlying curiosity and desire to know more about things, people, or issues. This involves going beyond routine questions and includes digging or pressing for exact information; resolving discrepancies by asking a series of questions; or conducting less-focused environmental scanning for opportunities or miscellaneous information that may be used in the future.
Time Management – They focus on completing all work tasks in a timely manner while remaining responsive enough to react to competing demands and shifting priorities. They are able to manage multiple responsibilities while being organised, keeping on top of important time-sensitive tasks, and performing all work accurately.