With the Caliper’s Advisor Competency Report for Operator, you will gain a clear, accurate picture of an individual’s strengths, limitations and overall potential.
This product features:
- A comprehensive report that supports selection and development
- A detailed analysis of the individual’s strengths and opportunities for development
- Descriptions of potential competencies and representative behaviours in practical, intuitive terms
- A phone consultation to help you understand the report and its implications
- Behavioural-based interview questions tailored to assessment results in recruitment reports
- Managing for Success suggestions, which include coaching recommendations and tips for working with the individual
- A Function-Fit index and/or Caliper Consultant’s recommendation can be included.
Operators run and monitor the operation of tools, machines, vehicles, or systems. They focus on completing specific tasks, which may be related to a manufacturing process, logistics and materials handling, or other environments where employees work to meet standards for quality, safety, and productivity. Operators may also be responsible for set-up or installation of machinery, equipment, or software.
Examples of Operator Positions are:
Fork Lift Operator, Truck Driver, Delivery Driver, Machine Operator, Machinist, Packer, Packaging Technician, Production Technician, Filler Operator, Fabricator, Assembler.
COMPETENCY AREAS MEASURED BY THIS REPORT:
Quality Focus – Operators ensure that all work in their own area of the business, throughout the organization, by vendors, suppliers, etc. is performed with excellence and to high standards for quality and integrity.
Compliance – They work to ensure that they, team members, other employees, contractors, strategic partners, and other relevant stakeholders act in accordance with all pertinent rules, regulations, policies, and best practices, and that behavior in the organisation meets the company’s standards of conduct.
Time Management – They focus on completing all work tasks in a timely manner, while remaining responsive enough to react to competing demands and shifting priorities. They are able to manage multiple responsibilities while staying organised, keeping on top of important time-sensitive tasks, and performing all work accurately.
Safety Focus – Operators take the practical actions necessary to minimize the incidence and probability of workplace accidents, injuries, and illnesses. They do this by keeping up to date with current workplace safety laws, research, and best practices; ensuring awareness of safety-related issues; remaining vigilant for potential hazards; and taking all precautions to ensure the well-being of all employees.
Extended Task Focus – They are able to perform the same work function for a significant amount of time while remaining focused and without becoming disengaged. Operators are comfortable with a structured schedule and well-defined work tasks.